I realise that there are still some days left in 2015, and Santa has still to pop down chimneys all over the world, but I have already begun thinking about life in 2016. I never make New Year resolutions as they are just there to be broken, but I do try to plan ahead and think about what I may achieve in the months to come. Here is my list so far:
- Write something every day, even if it’s just a shopping list.
- Finish the first draft on this years NaNoWriMo novel and then put it away for a couple of months.
- Enter more writing contests; something I’ve failed to do in 2015, except for a couple in December.
- Read more books, whenever I possibly can.
- Read more of other blogs and comment.
- Blog more regularly, and about different things.
- Continue eating a low fat diet as it’s really working for me.
- Step up my exercise regime; I know I’ll need to after Christmas.
Those are things that I think of for the time being, but there will be lots more to add in the coming months. Around this time of year, it seems that the world is looking backwards. We are bombarded with reviews of 2015, of what we did in the past year and what our achievements have been. I try not to do it and many years ago developed this mantra, which is probably a mixture of other peoples quotes, but it works for me.
The past is past, it cannot be re-written or undone. Learn from it and move on.
I hope you all enjoy the festive season and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.